Lou noticed some things when he and Leon and I were climbing that are holding me back and that could really improve my climbing if I overcome them. Here’s the list:
- “If you’re looking up at the problem, you’re doubting yourself, not the problem.”
- “Step back and read the first moves better for better commitment.”
- “Step back if you’re indecisive or not committed.”
- “Focus on the climb. Don’t take yourself out of the climb.” As in, don’t quit.
- “Grab two holds, look down, grab two holds, look down. Grab two holds, look down for footholds – don’t look up!”
- “Drive the route through your legs.”
- “Use the gym as training for outdoors.”
That’s the short list. There’s a lot of advice that goes with each one of those statements, but if I follow that advice, it’s a game-changing set of statements! I fully plan on implementing all advice given!!! Thank you, Lou!!!